I’m Rae Chang.
I am a YA fantasy author represented by the incomparable Mandy Hubbard and Lindsay Mealing of Emerald City Literary Agency. (You can read my “How I Got My Agent” story here!) I have also worked at Donald Maass Literary Agency since May 2016.
I’m particularly known for stabbing lots of people in my books — particularly love interests. Some of them survive it. Some of them don’t.
My CP’s motto while reading anything I write is “Trust No Bitch.”
She’s not wrong.
When I’m not writing, editing, or reading queries, I am a dancer, irrepressible nerd and gamer, cooking instructor, and school speaker.
If you’re interested, here’s a slightly more whimsical introduction to me.
And because I can’t think of what you might be interested in knowing, we’ll play 5 random facts!
- I’ve lived in six states and moved upwards of twenty times. I really like to travel, in case that isn’t abundantly obvious.
- I had a stage in high school where I would only wear clothes that a Dark Jedi/assassin would wear. I sort of never left that stage — except now I wear high heels in addition to the combat boots.
- Slytherin. Firebender (with hints of water). Gemini.
- I read tarot and fae cards for fun. I’ll put out a call for free readings once or twice a month on Twitter. I also occasionally do step-by-step cooking posts.
- I love discussing all things chronic + mental illness. I’m a bipolar Aspie (among other things), and I try to be very open about topics like therapy, medication, healthy living, and living with chronic pain. I discuss and chronicle these kind of conversations on Twitter and Instagram. Never be afraid to reach out if you’re curious or need someone to talk to about this.